Sausage n Rice
1 lbbright leaf smoked sausage
1 lbgwaltney bacon
1 lbswaggerty sausage patties
1 mediumsweet onion(chopped)
1 mediumred bell pepper(chopped)
1 mediumgreen bell pepper(chopped)
4 ozfresh mushrooms(sliced)
1 Tbspminced garlic
1envelope golden onion soup mix
4 ccooked uncle bens rice
3 dash(es)black pepper
How to Make Sausage n Rice
- Cook rice as package indicates. Do not add salt or butter.
- Cook bacon in the oven until crispy. Then crumble bacon(Save the bacon grease)
- In a large skillet cook sausage patties. (save the grease) When they are done chopped them to your desired size.
- Cut link sausage into medium size chunks. You should get 4-5 chunks from one link.
- Saute links in bacon & sausage grease(1 cup) until browned. I know it seems like a lot of grease but once you finish; it will all come together nicely.
- Add Red & Green Bell peppers
- Add onions
- Add mushrooms
- Add minced garlic
- When the veggies are at your desired tenderness.( I like mine very tender.)
- Add chopped patty sausage to mixture.
- Add soup mix and black pepper to veggies. Stir until mixed in good.
- Add crumbled bacon.
- Add rice to sausage & veggie mixture. Turn the stove to warm!(rice should be warm). Mix together well. It's ready to eat now!! I allow the rice to sit a few minutes for the flavors to work through.
- Just a note: I like to brown my sausage really good before I put the veggies in to give the grease a dark brown color which make the rice a darker color. The smokey flavor is great! You can make this recipe your own. I have even added black beans in the rice at the end before. Sweet carrots taste excellent in it as well.
- I named the brands of meat because this is the only brands my husband will eat. You are welcome to use over brands to explore different flavors. I always wondered what Italian sausage would taste like in this recipe.