Sausage Gravy Shepherd's Pie
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbitalian sausage, mild
1 mediumonion, diced
1/2 call purpose flour
1 qthalf and half
8 ozcream cheese, room temperature
1 pkgsausage gravy mix
1/2 cmilk (more if need to thin)
·salt and pepper to taste
1 can(s)corn, drained
1 can(s)cut green beans, drained
1 can(s)peas, drained
1 can(s)carrots, drained
1 can(s)mushrooms, drained
4 cshredded mild cheddar cheese, reserve one cup for topping
2 pkgbob evans ready mashed potatoes, original
How to Make Sausage Gravy Shepherd's Pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat large fry pan with oil. When hot add Hamburger and Italian sausage. Add the onion when meat is almost done. Drain and set aside.
- Using the same large fry pan, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Whisk in the flour.
- Whisking constantly, add the half-and-half (little at a time to prevent lumping) and cook until the mixture is thickened and smooth. (Whisking constantly is important).
Note: If getting to hot, remove from heat, then return to heat.
- Add cream cheese and stir till melted.
- Sprinkle in sausage gravy mix and add the milk (Add more
milk if you need to thin out the mixture).
- Season with the salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat and cook till thickened.
- Stir in all vegetables and meat mixture.
- Pour mixture into a 9x13 lasagna pan sprayed with Pam.
- Sprinkle 3 cups of the cheese on top of mixture.
- Warm potatoes in microwave as directed on package. Stir. Glob potatoes in piles on top of cheese and spread.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees on the middle rack for 30 minutes.