Saucy Scalloped Beef or Turkey Pie1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1 pkg
- scalloped potatoes
- 285 ml
- chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- italian seasoning
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1/4 c
- onion, chopped
- 1/2 c
- dry bread crumbs
- garlic clove, minced
- 10 oz
- mushrooms, drained
- 2 Tbsp
- parmesan cheese, grated
How to Make Saucy Scalloped Beef or Turkey Pie
- 1Cook potatoes according to stovetop or microwave package directions.
- 2Meanwhile in a medium bowl combine chili sauce and italian seasoning: Divide chili sauce mixture in half.
- 3In a large bowl, combine 1/2 of the chili sauce mixture, ground beef (or you can use turkey) onion, breadcrumbs and garlic; mix well.
- 4Press meat mixture evenly over the bottom and up the side of a 9" pie plate.
- 5Bake in 350 oven for 15 minutes.
- 6Add mushrooms and parmesan cheese to cooked potatoes.
- 7Fill meat shell with potato mixture.
- 8Bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through.
- 9Place under broiler until potatoes are golden brown.
- 10Heat remaining half of chili sauce mixture and spoon over individual servings.