Sarma (An Original Cabbage Roll)
The Worlds largest cabbage is credited to William Collingwood of County Durham, England, whose prized cabbage in 1865 weighed in at 123 pounds.
- 1 1/2 lb
- lean ground beef (or mixture of lean meats)
- 1/3 c
- long grain rice
- 3/4 c
- 2 medium
- onions, sauted
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- egg whites
- 1/4 c
- fresh parsley (or 1 tble dried)
- 1/2 tsp
- thyme, dried
- 1 qt
- canned tomatoes (or 2 cans diced)
- 1 c
- beef broth
How to Make Sarma (An Original Cabbage Roll)
- 1Boil rice in 3/4 C water; let stand. (Pkg Directions)
Mix together meat(s), onions, garlic, salt, pepper, egg whites, parsley, thyme, and tomatoes.
- 2Add rice to meat, tomato, seasonings mixture.
Roll into cabbage leaves, placing small rolls in center.
Pour 1 cup beef broth over all. (Cover) and bake in 325 F oven for 3 hours