Salisbury Steaks with Mushroom Sauce1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1.5 lbground round
1 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1 mediumonion, grated
3/4 tspall purpose seasoning, salt-free
1/8 tspfreshly ground black pepper
1/2 tspdried thyme, crushed
1/4 cskim milk
3/4 ozdried mushrooms
1 chot water
1/2 cbeef broth
1/2 cred wine
1/4 ccarrots, grated
2 Tbspfresh parsley, minced
How to Make Salisbury Steaks with Mushroom Sauce
- In a bowl, combine beef, flour, worcestershire sauce, onion and spices.
- Blend gently, thoroughly mixing all ingredients.
- Add milk and mix again.
- Shape into eight patties, cover and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, place mushrooms in a small bowl.
- Cover with hot water and soak 20 to 30 minutes; chop and set aside.
- Strain water through a paper towel into a clean bowl (this will remove any dirt) and save the liquid.
- Add enough beef broth to saved liquid to make 1 cup.
- Add red wine and stir well.
- Place a heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add patties and brown them thoroughly on each side.
- Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Pour off any liquid left in skillet and return skillet to heat.
- Add chopped mushrooms, liquids and carrots to skillet.
- Bring liquid to a boil and reduce it by a third.
- Add beef patties, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle patties with parsley and serve hot.
- Serve with baked potatoes and fresh green salad.