Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy
My camera is old and sometimes the Photos aren't the best. But Hopefully you'll get the idea.
Some people choose to use ready made Jar of Gravy, That's Your Option, But Make the Salisbury Steak patties With this recipe and You'll not be dissappointed in their flavor.
- 1 lb
- lean (80%) ground beef
- 1 small
- onion, diced
- 1/2 small
- green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 c
- bisquick mix (original) or crushed saltine crackers
- 1/8-1/4 tsp
- pepper & salt
- 1 tsp
- fresh garlic or garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp
- cooking oil
- 1 Tbsp
- worchestershire sauce
- 1 medium
- onion, cut in 1/2, then sliced
- 1 jar(s)
- or sm can sliced mushrooms, drained
- season to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp
- gold medal wonder flour
- 1 1/2 c
- cold water
- season to taste, salt and pepper
How to Make Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy
- 1In large Bowl; Mix Beef, egg, Only 1/4 C of the Bisquick Mix, Or the Crackers ( DO NOT USE BOTH)
1 TBS Worchestershire, Onion, Bell peppers, Salt and Pepper.
- 2With Wet Hands, Shape Beef Mixture into 4-6 oval Patties, about 1/2" thick. Lightly Coat patties with remaining 1/4 Cup of Bisquick.
- 3in a 12" Skillet, Heat Oil over Medium heat. Arrange Patties in single layer in skillet & brown.
Place Onion Slices in same skillet, and saute in the juices, tossing occasionally.
Cook 12-15 Min. Turning patties to cook thru and Brown on both sides.
Add 1 Jar Sliced Mushrooms.
Reminder: Beef should be 160 degrees if using a thermometer in center.
- 4Remove Patties from Skillet. Set aside.
With fat in Skillet, add wonder flour stir well in the fat to paste stage. Add 1 1/2 C cold water, Whisk and stir over high heat till gravy thickens. If too thick add a litle more water, little at a time. Taste test, & add Season to taste.
- 5Pour Gravy over Salisbury Steaks, Onion & Mushrooms.
Serve with Mashed taters, & Green Beans For a full Comfort meal deal.