Salisbury Steak With Cheese
1 lbground chuck
1/4 ccrushed crackers crumbs
1 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1/4 tspgarlic powder
1/4 tspsalt & pepper
4 stickcheese 2x1
1 can(s)beef broth
1 largeonion ; sliced
How to Make Salisbury Steak With Cheese
- In a mixing bowl combine beef , crackers ,garlic powder , salt & pepper Worcestershire sauce until mixed together.
- Shape meat mixture into 4 oval patties.
- Enclose a cheese stick of your choosing inside of meat patty ; covering cheese up completely with out any cheese showing.
- In a large skillet brown the patties in a small amount of butter ; set aside.
- IN the same skillet bring water and beef stock to a boil ; ADD the browned patties.
- Place sliced onions all the way around the patties in the broth and COVER.
- Simmer on low heat for 20 minutes ; Remove meat and set aside on a warm platter ; keep warm.
- Make a gravy by mixing a small amount of water and the cornstarch together and add to the juices in the skillet. Bring to a boil and stir until thickened.
- Pour onion gravy over meat patties and serve.