SALISBURY STEAK w/DILL SMASHED TATERS!
Nancy J. Patrykus
I think I am getting slap happy with all the wonderful recipes from cooks on JAP.
I am sure everyone has a favorite Salisbury Steak recipe. But this recipe I found on a Dominics meat department flyer.
I tweaked it and added a my secret ingredient.
I also like to do it with a plain old meatloaf, patties and any ground meat recipes.
I do hope you will try it on this delicious mouth watering recipe.
- 1 lb
- ground beef1/3
- 1/3 c
- finely choppd onion
- egg slightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- horseradish sauce...to your taste
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 /2 pkg
- knox plain gelatin...yes! .. this holds the salisbury or even a meat loaf together!!!
- 1-2 tsp
- kitchen bouquet beef seasoning & browningsauce..... ****your gravy using meat skillet scraps, to start with.
- **** your smashed taters.......just add some sour cream and dill
How to Make SALISBURY STEAK w/DILL SMASHED TATERS!
- 1Prerare your mashed potato recipe, add a little sour cream,and a few sprinkles of dried dill.Keep warm. Mean while in a medium bowl,combine beef chopped onion,crackercrumbs,eggwhite,milk, horseradish,and salt& pepper.
Then 1/2 packet of Knox gelatin! Mix well,but
lightly.I like to use my plastic gloved hands,and really get down in it by squishing it thru my fingers.This really makes a far superior smooth meatloaf.Just pretend you are a kid again! Do you remember what fun it was,making mud pies when you were a kid? This may take you back a few years!Enjoy the moment,you will love it...LOL
- 2Shape into 3-4 oval 1/2 inch thick patties.
**A tipfrom grandma.If you use wet hands, the meat will not stick to your hands.Foto is of egg white and rolled cracker crumbs.Less mess if you put crackers in a plastic bag then crunch them with a rollin pin.Or even use the edge of a saucer on the bag of crackers.Saves looking for the rolling pin.
- 3Heat a large non-stick skilet over medium heat until hot.Place beef patties in skillet; cook 8-10 minutes or untill on longer pink, turning once. Remove patties from skillet; keep warm.
**Make your gravy with flour & water(or the saved potato water) and using the meat scrapes that is left in the skillet. If you want it a deeper color, for eye appeal add a couple teaspoons of Kitchen Bouquet a browning and seasoning sauce...Serve with a vegetable of your choice. MMMMmmmm!
- 4Note..In the middle of making this recipe, my camera needs to be re formated.,and I cant transfer the pictures at this time...sorry.
End result is I was unable to transfer the last two pictures.So..the main foto credit is from the Dominic flyer. I hope to be able to transfer MY last 2 fotos...later.