Sage Pot Roast1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 5 lb
- beef chuck roast
- 1 Tbsp
- cooking oil
- 1 1/2 tsp
- dried sage
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 c
- beef broth
- red potatoes, halved
- carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces
- onions, quartered
- 5 tsp
- 1/4 c
How to Make Sage Pot Roast
- 1In a dutch oven, brown roast on both sides in oil.
- 2Season with sage, salt and pepper.
- 3Add beef broth.
- 4Cover and bake at 325 for 2 1/2 hours.
- 5Add potatoes, carrots and onions.
- 6Cover and bake 1 hour longer or until meat is tender and vegetables are cooked.
- 7Remove roast and vegetables to a serving platter and keep warm.
- 8Combine cornstarch and water; stir into pan juices.
- 9Cook until thickened and bubbly.