Sage Pot Roast1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
5 lbbeef chuck roast
1 Tbspcooking oil
1 1/2 tspdried sage
1 cbeef broth
6red potatoes, halved
4carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces
How to Make Sage Pot Roast
- In a dutch oven, brown roast on both sides in oil.
- Season with sage, salt and pepper.
- Add beef broth.
- Cover and bake at 325 for 2 1/2 hours.
- Add potatoes, carrots and onions.
- Cover and bake 1 hour longer or until meat is tender and vegetables are cooked.
- Remove roast and vegetables to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and water; stir into pan juices.
- Cook until thickened and bubbly.