Sadie's Pot Roast
★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 to 4 lbboneless rump roast
·salt and pepper
How to Make Sadie's Pot Roast
- Trim some of the fat off the roast. Season on all sides with salt, pepper and onion powder.
- Heat a small amount of oil on medium in a large pot (enough to just coat bottom of pot). Brown roast on all sides. Remove meat from pot and pour off any excess oil.
- Place roast in pot and add 2 cups of water. Simmer on low heat for at least 2 hours. Meat should be well cooked, not pink. Cook longer if necessary. When done, place aside on serving dish.
- In a small bowl add about 3 Tbsp of corn starch. Slowly add a small amount of water to the corn starch. Use just enough water to make a semi-thin paste. (If it's too thick it will be like cement. If it's thin like milk it won't thicken the gravy)
- Slowly stir corn starch mixture in pot. Heat to almost boiling. Continue to stir and add water if needed. Add about a Tbsp of ketchup to the gravy and stir. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the roast completely and place in the pot of gravy. Heat on low until ready to serve.
Serve with mashed potatoes.