Sacramento Beef Pot1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 lbbeef, blade or chuck roast
1red bell pepper, sliced in rings
1 cred wine or beef broth
How to Make Sacramento Beef Pot
- Trim all excess fat from meat.
- Brown beef in its own fat in a large skillet; remove and set aside.
- Drain all but 2 tablespoons fat from skillet.
- Saute onion until soft in fat.
- Place meat, sauteed onion, potato, zucchini, red pepper rings, wine, salt, pepper and bay leaf in slow cooker; cover.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 5 hours, or until meat is tender when pierced with a fork.
- Place meat and vegetables on heated platter and keep warm.
- Turn heat control to high.
- Combine flour and water in a cup.
- Pour into liquid in slow cooker, cover.
- Cook 15 minutes.
- Pass sauce separately in heated gravy boat.