Sacramento Beef Pot1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 4 lb
- beef, blade or chuck roast
- onion, sliced
- potatoes, halved
- zucchinis, sliced
- red bell pepper, sliced in rings
- 1 c
- red wine or beef broth
- 2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- bay leaf
- 3 Tbsp
- cold water
How to Make Sacramento Beef Pot
- 1Trim all excess fat from meat.
- 2Brown beef in its own fat in a large skillet; remove and set aside.
- 3Drain all but 2 tablespoons fat from skillet.
- 4Saute onion until soft in fat.
- 5Place meat, sauteed onion, potato, zucchini, red pepper rings, wine, salt, pepper and bay leaf in slow cooker; cover.
- 6Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 5 hours, or until meat is tender when pierced with a fork.
- 7Place meat and vegetables on heated platter and keep warm.
- 8Turn heat control to high.
- 9Combine flour and water in a cup.
- 10Pour into liquid in slow cooker, cover.
- 11Cook 15 minutes.
- 12Pass sauce separately in heated gravy boat.