4 lbground beef, 80/20 works best
2 pkgonion soup mix
1 mediumyellow or white onion, purple is good too if your family likes it
2 pkgcountry gravy mix
1 boxfrozen hash brown patties
How to Make S.O.S
- Mix the 4lbs ground beef and onion soup mix together. Premake 10 hamburger patties, works better to make balls and flatten later.
- After patties or balls, cut onion into circles and set aside. Heat a large skillet to low heat and add 4 to 5 of the balls and flatten. Cook all through and set on paper towel to drain.
- Preheat oven to 400, the hash brown box will say something different, but put it on 400. Spray a cookie sheet lined with foil and place frozen hash brown patties on pan and cook for about 20 minutes, then flip and cook another 20 minutes. The crunchier the better.
- Once all the hamburger patties are cooked through, put back in skillet, all 10 of them and add the onion slices. Put on low heat and cover. While the onions are sweating, make gravy as per packages says.Once your gravy is finished, your onions will be just soft enough.
- If you time this correctly, your hash browns should be finished when the gravy and hamburger patties are. To plate, place 1 hash brown down and put hamburger patty on top and then place sliced onions and cover with gravy. Can serve with fried taters, greens, or whatever your family thinks goes with country gravy. My kids like ketchup on top of their gravy too. Really simple and the best part is, hardly ever left overs!!!