Rynn's Swiss Steak
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 Tbspbutter (i use the real stuff)
1 lbbeef round steak boneless
1/4 cplain, fine bread crumbs
·salt and pepper to taste
1 can(s)(14.5 oz) stewed tomatoes
2 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1 smallwhite onion, sliced
How to Make Rynn's Swiss Steak
- Salt and pepper beef to taste. Sprinkle with half the bread crumbs on one side; pound with a meet tenderizer. Repeat with other side of meat.
- Melt butter in dutch oven or chicken fryer. Cut meat into four to six smaller pieces. Place in pan and brown on both sides.
- Spoon worcestershire sauce over meet, then add the tomatoes over meat. Stir in water. Place onion slices over top of mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook about 20 minutes or until meat is tender, stirring periodically to prevent sticking, burning, or over-cooking.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or cooked egg noodles.