Russell's BBQ Brisket
1brisket..bought untrimmed. trim as much of the fat around the outside as possible
3-4 pkgmontreal steak seasoning packs..mix according to direction. except he replaces white vinegar with the red wine vinegar
How to Make Russell's BBQ Brisket
- After trimming the brisket place in a large pan. Mix seasoning packs and pour over the meat. Let marinate in frig for at least 8-10 hours flipping the meat over one or more times.
- Russell cooks his brisket on a charcoal pit with wood for a smokey flavor.
- Take meat out of the frig 1 hour before cooking and allow to get to room temp.
- Prepare pit
He cooks the brisket on the top shelf of his pit for 2 hours. Flipping every half hour. Basting the meat with leftover marinade.
- After 2 hours on the pit he removes the meat and places in a large covered pan with 4-5 cups of water and cooks in the oven for 2 hours on 200 degrees. Check every now and then to make you have plenty of water.
- After 2 hours remove and allow to rest for 30-40 min and then slice against the grain. Enjoy plain or with your favortie bbq sauce(we make our own). After being on the pit you should have a beautiful smoke ring.