Rump Roast Casserole1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 3 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 3 c
- cabbage, shredded
- onions, sliced
- 1.5 c
- mushrooms, sliced
- 2 c
- rump roast, left over from Drunken Roast recipe, julienned
- 1 c
- beer-beef broth, left over from Drunken Roast recipe
- 4 c
- egg noodles
- 2 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
How to Make Rump Roast Casserole
- 1NOTE: This is a recipe for left-overs from the Drunken Rump Roast master recipe.
- 2Heat oil in large, deep-sided skillet; saute cabbage and onions until limp, 3-5 minutes.
- 3Add mushrooms and continue to saute over medium high heat until mushrooms have lost most of their moisture, another 5 minutes.
- 4Add rump roast, mustard and broth; simmer until the liquid is almost all absorbed.
- 5Toss in cooked noodles; serve immediately.
- 6TIPS: Serve with hot rye rolls and a hearty zinfandel (NOT white).