By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Rueben Casserole
- Cut rye bread into 3/4" cubes and crisp bread in 400 oven for 10 minutes.
- Spoon 1/2 of bread into shallow 2 1/2 to 3 quart baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine apples, onion, sauerkraut, mustard, mayonnaise and 1/2 of cheese.
- Spread 1/2 of mixture over bread cubes.
- Coarsely chop the corned beef and spread evenly over mixture and then top with remaining apple mixture.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake 50 to 60 minutes until apples have cooked tender.
- Sprinkle remaining bread and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and browned.