Rowena's 1950's Hamburger Bake
One of the best things about this dish (other than the flavor!) is that it can be prepared the night before serving, then simply put in the oven when you come home after a long work-day!
I don't know who Rowena is, but thank you, hon, for this tasty and filling dish!
1 lbground beef
1/2 cchopped onion
1 clovegarlic, chopped
1 can(s)tomato sauce (15 ounce)
·salt and pepper to taste
4 ccooked and drained medium noodles
1/4 csour cream
4 ozcream cheese, softened
3green onions, chopped
1/2 cparmesan cheese, grated (fresh preferred)
How to Make Rowena's 1950's Hamburger Bake
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown beef, garlic and onion. Drain. Stir in tomato sauce, sugar, salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Stir together sour cream, cream cheese, and green onion.
- Spray a rectangle baking dish with cooking oil spray (Pam). Spread the baking pan with half of the noodles, then half of the ground beef. Top this with all of the sour cream mixture, then top this with the remainder of the noodles, then remainder of the ground beef. Sprinkle top with the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
*The casserole can be assembled the night before, and refrigerated overnight. The next day, bring to room temperature and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.