Rotel Stuffed Peppers
- large red, yellow or green peppers, cutin half to make a vessel
- 2 can(s)
- original rotel tomatoes
- 8 oz can(s)
- tomato sauce
- 1/2 c
- chopped vidalia onion
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef
- 1/2 c
- basamati white rice
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp
- zatarains creole seasoning
- 1 c
- shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese
How to Make Rotel Stuffed Peppers
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- 2Slice the peppers in half and seed. Place them in to a casserole dish that has been prepared with cooking spray, Cover with foil and place the halves into the oven for 30 minutes. Remove and place on top of the stove until filling is ready.
- 3In a skillet brown the ground beef and onions.
- 4Add 1 can of rotel tomatoes and half of the second can. Reserve the remaining half. Add tomato sauce, garlic, Zatarains and pepper to taste. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- 5Add rice, stirring well and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 7Remove peppers from the oven and top with cheese. Return to the oven covered with foil for 15 minutes. Remove when the cheese is melted and enjoy.