Rotel Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 6 large
- green bell peppers
- 2 can(s)
- rotel (mild or original, depends on if you like it spicy)
- 1 lb
- 1 c
- long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 1/2 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp
- garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp
- chili powder
ROTEL STUFFED BELL PEPPERS
How to Make Rotel Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cut the tops off the peppers and clean out the pulp and the seeds. Add bell peppers to the boiling water and cook for 15 minutes.
- 2While the peppers are parboiling, cook the cup of long grain white rice as per the directions on the package.
- 3Brown the sausage in a large frying pan and crumble the sausage when done. Add in the 2 cans of rotel, the garlic salt and the chili powder to the sausage and stir. Add the cooked rice to this mixture and mix all ingredients well.
- 4Spoon the sausage mixture into the peppers and layer the cheese. You should end up with 2 layers of mixture and 2 layers of cheese with the cheese ending on top. Cook for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Sometimes I add dollop of sour cream to each pepper before serving.