Rose's Italian Stuffed Red Peppers
- red peppers
- lbs. ground been
- large vidalia onion chopped
- minced garlic to taste
- fresh basil leaves chopped (more if u like)
- large can of italian crushed tomatoes
- grated parmasiano/regiano cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded mozzerella for top
- about a tablespoon or less of mccormack italian seasoning
- large can of tomato sauce (enough for 4 peppers)
How to Make Rose's Italian Stuffed Red Peppers
- 1Cut about 1/4 of inch of the top of the red pepper off and clean out seeds from the inside of the pepper and top, remove the stem, just cut around it and gently remove. Bring a pot of water to a boil just enough to cover the peppers and put them in the boiling water to blanch about 5 minutes. Remove gently not to break them and cool.
- 2Stuffing: In a pan large enough to hold all stuffing ingrediants.....Olive oil the bottom of the pan just a little, saute onion until tranlucent add garlic for one minute and then add the ground beef saute and break up until it's just slightly pink, add tomatoes, fresh basil, salt and pepper to taste and McCormick italian seasoning. Reduce heat to very low cover and let simmer for 30 minutes.Add grated cheese at least 1/4 of a cup and stir through. Remove from heat and let sit until just warm. Stuff peppers and put top on. Move to an oven proof pan, put tomato sauce on top of each, foil on top gently and bake 1 hour, remove foil test pepper with fork for doneness, add shredded mozerella on top return to oven w/out foil until cheese is melted. Serve. Bake 350.