Roasted Garlic Burger
If you enjoy garlic, you will love this burger!
- 2 lb
- ground chuck
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 c
- roasted garlic paste *see below
- loaf of good crusty bread, cut into 4 sections
- 1 lb
- whole garlic heads
- 1/2 c
- pure olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
ROASTED GARLIC PASTE
How to Make Roasted Garlic Burger
- 1Preheat the grill. In a bowl, mix the meat, salt and pepper, and the roasted garlic paste.
- 2Form 4 burgers by using a mold, the top of a lid, or your hands. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until you are ready to grill them.
- 3Cook burgers over a hot fire until desired temperature is reached.
- 4Meanwhile: Split the pieces of bread, and pull out some of the soft center to make a hole for the burger. Place the bread face down on the grill to toast.
- 5Place the burger in the bread, and top with your favorite condiments.
- 6ROASTED GARLIC PASTE DIRECTIONS: Preheat the oven to 375 F. Peel the outermost layers of skin off the heads of garlic. Cut off the top one-third of the heads to open the cloves. Save the small pieces of garlic for another use. Put the heads, cut sides up, in a small baking dish and pour the olive oil over them. Season with salt and pepper. Cover tightly, place in the oven, and roast until about three-fourths cooked, about 45 minutes. Uncover and return to the oven until the cloves begin to pop out of their skins and brown, about 15 minutes. Let cool. When cool enough to handle easily, squeeze the roasted garlic into a small bowl. Press against the skins very well to get out all the sweet roasted garlic you can. Add the oil from the baking dish and mix well until a paste forms. Store, tightly covered, in the refrigerator, for up to 1 week.
Show 3 Comments & Reviews