Roast Beef with Potatoes and Carrots
Virginia (Ginger) Dean
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 lb
- beef chuck roast, boneless
- 4 lb
- potatoes, peeled and cut into halves or quarters
- 1 1/2 lb
- baby carrots
- 1 medium
- 1 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 3 Tbsp
- coconut oil or vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup
- 2 1/2 can(s)
How to Make Roast Beef with Potatoes and Carrots
- 1Mix flour with baking powder on waxed paper. Coat roast with flour. Salt and pepper to taste. Heat oil in a large skillet or dutch oven type pot. Brown the roast on all sides in the heated oil.
Optional: You can sprinkle roast with a seasoned type salt or red pepper flakes if you like. Or use whatever herbs you like. But don't go overboard...it's good just with plain salt and pepper.
- 3Gravy: Sprinkle 2 heaping Tablespoons of leftover flour (from where you dreged the roast) over the remaining oil in your pot. Stir and cook for a few minutes to brown...add a little water while browning to keep it from sticking. Then add your can of mushroom soup and 2 to 3 soup cans of water to browned flour; stir or whisk together. Your gravy will be thin but it will thicken as it cooks.
- 7Continue baking the beef for another hour or until it is tenter. Cut roast up and serve with gravy and vegetables.
Note: This recipe works for other cuts of roasts as well. Cooking times will vary depending on the size and type of roast you fix.
Before cooking any roast I soak it in plain water for about 30 minutes to an hour and then drain it. This removes blood from the roast and improves flavor.