★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 lbbeef roast
2 Tbspolive oil
3garlic cloves, crushed
1 cbread crumbs
1/4 cfresh parsley, chopped
1/2 tspblack pepper
How to Make Roast Beef with Garlic Crust
- Wipe roast and place on roasting rack.
- Heat oil in skillet and add garlic and saute 2 minutes, pressing juice from garlic into oil.
- Discard garlic.
- Mix in bread crumbs, parsley, salt and black pepper.
- Press mixture onto roast, coating well.
- Insert meat thermometer into thickest portion of meat.
- Roast at 325 degrees until meat thermometer registers 140 for rare (18-20 minutes per pound) 160 for medium (20-22 minutes per pound) or 170 for well done (22-24 minutes per pound).
- Remove from oven and allow to stand 15-20 minutes before carving.