Roast Beef With Coffee Gravy
How to Make Roast Beef With Coffee Gravy
- Season the beef with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in the pan. Add the beef and brown on all sides and set aside.
- Add the onion to the pan and saute until tender for 3-5 minutes. Add the beef and deglaze the pan.
- Add the beef back to the pan along with the coffee, balsamic vinegar, bay leaves and thyme and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and transfer to a preheated 325 oven and bake until fork tender about 3-5 hours. Set the beef aside cover and let it cool.
- Strain the solids from the gravy and skim off the fat. Add the flour and water mixture and simmer until it thickens a few minutes. Season the gravy with salt and pepper.