Roast Beef in Beer
- 1, 3-4 pound beef roast (sirloin or rump)
- 1 bottle beer, regular (do not use beer lite)
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced thinly
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
How to Make Roast Beef in Beer
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Cut several slices in the top and bottom of the roast. Insert the sliced garlic into the sliced slots.
- 3Salt and pepper the roast. Flip the roast over and set into a roasting dish. Salt and pepper the top; sprinkle with thyme. Pour beer into the roasting dish with the beef.
- 4Cover with a lid or foil and bake for approx. 3 hours or until beef is tender. Remove some of the broth and make gravy.