★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbroast beef, cut into 1/4" pieces
3/4 lbpotatoes, cubed and cooked and drained
2onions, finely chopped
1green bell pepper, diced
1/4 cheavy cream
·"just a pinch" of salt
·"just a pinch" of pepper
3 Tbspunsalted butter
1.5 Tbspvegetable oil
How to Make Roast Beef Hash
- In mixing bowl, stir together the roast beef, potatoes, onions, pepper, heavy cream, parsley, salt and pepper until thoroughly blended.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter and 1 tablespoon of the oil in 10- inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat.
- Add hash mixture, and use spatula or back of a wooden spoon to pack it down firmly in skillet, on top and all around its sides to make a neat, solid cake.
- Reduce heat to low and cook the hash, shaking skillet occasionally to keep hash from sticking, until its underside is crusty and well browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Unmold hash cake onto large dinner plate by inverting plate over the skillet, holding it there firmly, and turning skillet and plate over together.
- Raise heat and add the remaining butter and oil to skillet.
- Slide flipped hash cake back into pan, reduce heat and cook it for 8 to 10 minutes more.