Roast Beef and Whiskey Onion Flatbread Sandwiches
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp
- dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 large
- sweet onion, sliced into 1/4-inch slices, then quartered
- 1/4 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c
- good quality whiskey
- 8 oz
- thin-sliced deli roast beef, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- (7-inch) white flatbreads
- 4 oz
- chipotle gouda cheese, shredded
How to Make Roast Beef and Whiskey Onion Flatbread Sandwiches
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- 2In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, lemon juice and mustard; set aside.
- 3Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and the butter in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Add in the onion, salt and pepper and cook until softened and lightly browned, approximately 15 - 20 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in the whiskey, mix to combine and until absorbed. Transfer to a small, heat-proof bowl; set aside.
- 4In the same skillet, over medium heat, add in the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add in the roast beef and garlic, and cook until heated through and the beef just begins to brown, approximately 2 - 3 minutes; set aside.
- 5Place the flatbreads onto prepared baking sheet; evenly spread the mayonnaise mixture onto the flatbreads. Evenly divide the roast beef between the flatbreads, only covering 1/2 of each flatbread; top roast beef evenly with the reserved onions. Top entire flatbread evenly with the cheese. Place into preheated oven and bake until cheese has melted, approximately 3 - 4 minutes. Fold the cheese-only half of the flatbread over the roast beef half. Secure with toothpicks and enjoy!!