By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1/2 c
- rice, long grain
- 1/3 lb
- ground beef
- 1/3 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1/3 c
- green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 can(s)
- spaghetti sauce
- 1/3 pkg
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/3 c
- cottage cheese
- parmesan cheese, grated
How to Make Rice Lasagna
- 1Cook rice following package directions, salt optional, and reserve.
- 2Coat 13x9x2" baking dish with nonstick vegetable-oil cooking spray.
- 3Brown beef in large skillet over medium-high heat, breaking up clumps.
- 4Carefully pour off excess fat.
- 5Add onion and green pepper; cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
- 6Add spaghetti sauce.
- 7Beat egg slightly in medium-size bowl.
- 8Stir in cottage cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- 9Spread half the meat sauce over bottom of prepared baking dish.
- 10Spoon half the rice evenly over sauce; top with half the cheese mixture.
- 11Repeat layers and sprinkle top with parmesan cheese.
- 12Bake in preheated 350 for 50 minutes.
- 13Let stand 10 minutes before serving.