Rib Eye Steaks with Port and Mushroom Ragout1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbwild mushrooms, fresh sliced
3/4 cport wine
3/4 cbeef broth
1 Tbspvegetable oil
4ribeye steaks, 3/4 inch thick
·salt and pepper
1/4 cwhipping cream
2 Tbspfresh tarragon, finely chopped
·fresh parsley, chopped
How to Make Rib Eye Steaks with Port and Mushroom Ragout
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and stir until beginning to soften, about 6 minutes.
- Add Port and broth and boil until liquid is syrupy, about 10 minutes.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter with oil in heavy large skillet over high heat.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- Add to skillet and cook to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Transfer steaks to plates.
- Bring mushrooms to simmer.
- Add cream and tarragon and boil unti sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mushrooms over steaks.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.