Rib Eye Steaks with Port and Mushroom Ragout1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 3 Tbsp
- shallots, sliced
- 1 lb
- wild mushrooms, fresh sliced
- 3/4 c
- port wine
- 3/4 c
- beef broth
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- ribeye steaks, 3/4 inch thick
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 c
- whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- fresh parsley, chopped
How to Make Rib Eye Steaks with Port and Mushroom Ragout
- 1Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add shallots and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add mushrooms and stir until beginning to soften, about 6 minutes.
- 4Add Port and broth and boil until liquid is syrupy, about 10 minutes.
- 5Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter with oil in heavy large skillet over high heat.
- 6Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- 7Add to skillet and cook to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium rare.
- 8Transfer steaks to plates.
- 9Bring mushrooms to simmer.
- 10Add cream and tarragon and boil unti sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- 11Season with salt and pepper.
- 12Spoon mushrooms over steaks.
- 13Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
About Rib Eye Steaks with Port and Mushroom Ragout
You May Also Like:
Leave a Comment