Rib Eye Steak with Stilton Sauce1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 lbstilton blue cheese, softened
1 stickunsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cdry white wine
4 tspgreen peppercorns
1 cheavy cream
4 tspparsley, fresh minced
2ribeye steaks, 1 inch thick
How to Make Rib Eye Steak with Stilton Sauce
- In a bowl cream together the cheese and butter until the mixture is smooth.
- In a saucepan boil the wine with the peppercorns until it is reduced to about 1 tablespoon, add the cream, and boil the liquid until it is reduced by half.
- Reduce the heat to moderately low, whisk the cheese mixture, a little at a time, into the cream mixture and whisk in the parsley.
- Remove the pan from the heat and keep the sauce warm.
- Preheat a grill pan.
- Pat steaks dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill steaks 4 to 5 minutes on each side for medium rare.
- Let the steak stand on a cutting board for 10 minutes.
- Slice thin and serve with the Stilton sauce and watercress.