Reverse Seared Steak
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·thick cut steak of choice, at least 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick
·salt and pepper
·seasonings of choice
How to Make Reverse Seared Steak
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees. Bring steak to room temperature.
- Salt, pepper, and season steak. Place on a rack over a sheet pan. This allows it to cook more evenly.
- Bake at 225 degrees until internal temperature reaches 120 degrees. Time will depend on the size of your steak. A 2 inch filet takes 45 minutes to an hour.
- Remove and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Finish on grill or in oiled cast iron pan to create desired crust. Cook until desired temp for you doneness. I cook to 125 for perfect medium rare.