☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·nonstick spray coating
4 mediumpotatoes, scrubbed and dried
3/4 crussian dressing
8thin slices corned beef
1 1/2 csauerkraut, drained
3/4 tspcaraway seeds, crushed, divided
8 sliceswiss cheese
How to Make Reuben Spuds
- Preheat oven to 425°. Spray a 9” x 13” shallow baking pan with nonstick spray coating.
- Pierce the skin of each potato in several places with fork tines. Place potatoes in a preheated oven, directly on the rack, and bake for 45 to 60 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes. To test for doneness, insert a knife in the potato’s center to test for softness, or squeeze gently with a mitted hand until you feel it “give” slightly.
- Cut the baked potatoes in half lengthwise. Place the potato halves split-side up in prepared baking pan. Spread each hot half evenly with dressing. Top potato with corned beef and sauerkraut. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds. Layer on cheese slices.
- Return to hot oven. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes longer or until cheese melts and sauerkraut is heated through.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkling of the remaining caraway seeds.