Reuben Sandwich Casserole
- 1 can(s)
- 32 ounces sauerkraut, drained
- 1/2 c
- chopped onion
- 4 tsp
- dried parsley flakes, crushed
- 2 tsp
- caraway seeds
- 4 c
- shredded swiss cheese (1 lb)
- 1 1/3 c
- bottled thousand island dressing
- 12 oz
- corned beef thinly sliced & cooked, coarsely chopped
- 6 slice
- rye bread, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 c
- butter melted
How to Make Reuben Sandwich Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 375* F. In a large bowl combine drained sauerkraut, onion, dried parsley, and caraway seeds. Spread sauerkraut mixture evenly into a ungreased 13x9 inch baking dish or pan.
- 2Top with half of the cheese, half of the salad dressing, and all of the corned beef. Top with the remaining salad dressing and the remaining cheese.
- 3In a large bowl toss bread cubes with melted butter to coat. Sprinkle bread cubes over casserole.
- 4Bake uncovered for 35 minutes or until heated through and bread cubes have browned.