1 lbdeli corned beef, chip/chopped
1/2 lbbaby swiss cheese, sliced very thinly
·light rye bread
1 ptsaurkraut ( i use home canned but store bought would work well
·thousand island dressing
How to Make Reuben Sandwich
- Tear off 4 sheets of aluminum foil big enough to wrap sandiches in.
- Place 4 slices of rye bread on each sheet of foil.
- Top each slice with 3 folded slices of THINLY sliced cheese, plenty of the shredded corned beef, saurkraut (leave some of the juice in for steaming purposes), generous amount of Thousand Island Dressing, and 3 more folded slices of cheese.
- Top with another slice of bread, wrap tightly in the aluminum foil. Place sandwiches on a large skillet or griddle. Cook over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes on each side.
- NO PAN TO WASH!, and the bread will be toasted, the cheese will be melted and gooey, and this is one delicious sandwich. ENJOY!