- 1 lb
- deli corned beef, chip/chopped
- 1/2 lb
- baby swiss cheese, sliced very thinly
- light rye bread
- 1 pt
- saurkraut ( i use home canned but store bought would work well
- thousand island dressing
How to Make Reuben Sandwich
- 1Tear off 4 sheets of aluminum foil big enough to wrap sandiches in.
- 2Place 4 slices of rye bread on each sheet of foil.
- 3Top each slice with 3 folded slices of THINLY sliced cheese, plenty of the shredded corned beef, saurkraut (leave some of the juice in for steaming purposes), generous amount of Thousand Island Dressing, and 3 more folded slices of cheese.
- 4Top with another slice of bread, wrap tightly in the aluminum foil. Place sandwiches on a large skillet or griddle. Cook over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes on each side.
- 5NO PAN TO WASH!, and the bread will be toasted, the cheese will be melted and gooey, and this is one delicious sandwich. ENJOY!