By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 3.75 c
- 1 pkg
- active dry yeast
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- butter, softened
- 1 tsp
- 1 c
- water, warm
- 1/4 c
- thousand island dressing
- 6 oz
- corned beef, thinly sliced
- 4 oz
- swiss cheese
- 8 oz
- sauerkraut, canned and drained
- egg white, lightly beaten
- poppy seeds
How to Make Reuben Loaf
- 1In a mixing bowl, combine 2 1/4 cups flour, yeast, sugar, butter and salt.
- 2Stir in warm water and mix until a soft dough forms.
- 3Add remaining flour if necessary.
- 4Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth, about 4 minutes.
- 5On a lightly greased baking sheet, roll dough to a 14 inch x 10 inch rectangle.
- 6Spread dressing down the middle of one half of the dough, leaving a 3/4 inch space along edges.
- 7Top with layers of beef, cheese and sauerkraut.
- 8Fold the remaining half of dough over the meat mixture.
- 9Pinch edges together to seal.
- 10Cut small slits in dough to vent. Baste with 1 egg white and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- 11Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 12Serve immediately; refrigerate leftovers.