By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
1 pkgactive dry yeast
1 Tbspbutter, softened
1 cwater, warm
1/4 cthousand island dressing
6 ozcorned beef, thinly sliced
4 ozswiss cheese
8 ozsauerkraut, canned and drained
1egg white, lightly beaten
How to Make Reuben Loaf
- In a mixing bowl, combine 2 1/4 cups flour, yeast, sugar, butter and salt.
- Stir in warm water and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Add remaining flour if necessary.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth, about 4 minutes.
- On a lightly greased baking sheet, roll dough to a 14 inch x 10 inch rectangle.
- Spread dressing down the middle of one half of the dough, leaving a 3/4 inch space along edges.
- Top with layers of beef, cheese and sauerkraut.
- Fold the remaining half of dough over the meat mixture.
- Pinch edges together to seal.
- Cut small slits in dough to vent. Baste with 1 egg white and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve immediately; refrigerate leftovers.