This is great for sporting events, parties or just an everyday meal...
- 1 jar(s)
- sauerkraut (16 - 24 ounces)
- 1 large
- onion (minced)
- 3/4 tsp
- caraway seeds
- 2 1/2 c
- swiss cheese (shredded)
- 5/8 c
- thousand island dressing
- 1 lb
- corned beef (cooked and sliced very thin)
- 5 slice
- dark rye bread (cubed in 1-inch pieces)
- 1/2 c
- melted butter
- 1 tsp
- deli style brown mustard
How to Make Reuben Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Butter a baking 10 inch baking dish. Put about half of the corned beef over the bottom of the baking dish.
- 2In a bowl, combine caraway, sauerkraut and onion, mix well. Pour into the baking dish over the corned beef layer, spreading evenly. Put half of the cheese over the mixture in pan. Distribute evenly half of the thousand island dressing over the cheese layer.
- 3Put remaining corned beef over dressing layer. Top with remaining cheese, then dressing.
- 4Mix the mustard in with the butter, toss the bread cubes in with it to coat as evenly as possible. Put this mixture on top of casserole evenly.
- 5Bake at 375 degrees for 30 - 40 minutes.