This is great for sporting events, parties or just an everyday meal...
1 jar(s)sauerkraut (16 - 24 ounces)
1 largeonion (minced)
3/4 tspcaraway seeds
2 1/2 cswiss cheese (shredded)
5/8 cthousand island dressing
1 lbcorned beef (cooked and sliced very thin)
5 slicedark rye bread (cubed in 1-inch pieces)
1/2 cmelted butter
1 tspdeli style brown mustard
How to Make Reuben Casserole
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Butter a baking 10 inch baking dish. Put about half of the corned beef over the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine caraway, sauerkraut and onion, mix well. Pour into the baking dish over the corned beef layer, spreading evenly. Put half of the cheese over the mixture in pan. Distribute evenly half of the thousand island dressing over the cheese layer.
- Put remaining corned beef over dressing layer. Top with remaining cheese, then dressing.
- Mix the mustard in with the butter, toss the bread cubes in with it to coat as evenly as possible. Put this mixture on top of casserole evenly.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 - 40 minutes.