Red Wine Braised Short Ribs
**note ~~ it takes 3 hours to cook, which means you have to start early, but it gives you 3 hours to relax, do something else, and decide what to serve with the shortribs.
(recipe courtesy of Claire Robinson, food network, 2009). ~~
- beef short ribs, with or without bone, roughly 8 oz each
- coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- 3 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- 1 bottle
- red wine (*cabernet sauvignon is best*)
- 4 c
- vegetable stock (try wolfgang puck or o organic)
- 4 clove
- garlic, peeled and smashed
How to Make Red Wine Braised Short Ribs
- 6Transfer the ribs to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm. (*Note: instead of tenting the meat, I just add to the thickened sauce - next step - before serving, which reheats it.)
- 7Strain the braising liquid through a fine strainer into saucepan over med-high heat. Simmer the liquid, skimming fat as necessary, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in the remaining 1 Tbsp butter. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary until thickened, about 10 minutes.