- 1 jar sliced beets, 16 oz.
- 3/4 lbs. red new potatoes, pared and cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 3/4 lbs. cooked corned beef, cut in 1/4 inch cubes
- 4 extra large eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1 oz
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp. red horseradish
How to Make Red Flannel Hash
- 1Drain beets. Reserve 1/2 cup liquid. Cut in 1/4 inch strips. Set aside.
- 2In large skillet, over medium high heat, saute potatoes in 2 Tbsp. oil til golden brown and just tender, about 10 minutes. Add corned beef and onion. Saute til crisp.
- 3Stir in the sliced beets, the chopped parsley and reserved beet liquid. Preheat oven to 400.
- 4With large spoon, scoop out four 3 inch rounds of has. Crack an egg into a custard cup. Side egg into an indentation in has. Repeat with remaining eggs. Bake til eggs are set, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle eggs with cheese. In small bowl, mix sour cream and horseradish. Serve with hash. Serves 4
About Red Flannel Hash
Show 1 Comment & Review