Ranch Style Bean and Dorito Skillet Dinner
I've tried to refrain from posting too many casserole type dishes, but my self-control has abandoned me and it's casserole time, people!
So, here ya go: I am not afraid to say it - I love casseroles!!!!!!!!!
1 1/2 lbground beef, browned, drained
1-2 can(s)ranch-style beans - mom always used 1 can; i like more beans and use 2
·nacho cheese flavored doritos
1 1/2 cshredded cheddar cheese
1 ccooked rice, optional
·sour cream and salsa, optional garnishments
How to Make Ranch Style Bean and Dorito Skillet Dinner
- In large skillet, brown and drain ground beef. Return the beef to skillet, and add ranch style beans (do not drain the gravy from the beans - just open the can and pour them into the skillet). Let cook over low-medium heat, covered, stirring occasionally, until beans are warmed through, for about 10 minutes.
- OPTIONAL STEP: Add cooked rice at the same time as beans and stir to disperse throughout.
- Add about 2-3 handfuls of Doritos. No need to crush them - just add a handful, stir; add another handful, stir. Once Doritos are well combined throughout, cover and let simmer until Doritos are soft, for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn heat to low. Top with shredded cheese and cover. Once cheese melts, remove from heat and serve.
- If desired, make sour cream, salsa or left over uncooked Doritos available for people to dress up their plates however they prefer.