Ranch Hand Nachos
We came up with this and we named it Ranch Hand Nachos just because of some of the ingredients.
It's fun .. it's tasty and it was quick to make.
We served it over a bed of Fritos but if you prefer to omit the Fritos it would be great on a bed of shredded lettuce.
Top with your favorite garnishes and dig in !
1/4 cbbq sauce - home made or your favorite store brand
2 tspbrown mustard
1 tspchili powder
1/2 cmonterey jack cheese - shredded
1/2 cmedium or sharp cheddar cheese - shredded
1 lblean ground beef
2 Tbspfinely minced onion
1 Tbspfinely diced green bell pepper
1 cbaked beans - your favorite flavor - something smokey will give you a great flavor
1 cfire roasted corn - drained well ... note: you can use regular corn if desired but fire roasted really give it a great taste
·garnishes: sliced green onion, chopped tomato, sliced black olives, sour cream
·corn chips - fritos are our choice either scoops or regular
·shredded lettuce if you prefer not to use chips
How to Make Ranch Hand Nachos
- In small bowl combine the BBQ sauce, ketchup, mustard and chili powder. Whisk until well blended then set aside.
- Shred the cheeses and combine in one bowl then set aside.
- In large pot cook the ground beef, onion and green bell pepper over medium heat until the beef is done and the onion and pepper are tender. Drain really well then return the meat mixture to the pot.
- Add the sauce mixture, baked beans and corn to the beef mixture and heat over low heat.
- Once the mix is heated through sprinkle half of the cheese blend into the pot. Stir then cover until the cheese has melted.
- Get a plate or a bowl and lay down either a bed of Fritos or shredded lettuce if you are going in that direction.
Top with a scoop of the beef mixture then top with the remaining cheese.
Garnish as desired and enjoy.