Quick Pepper Steak
I had always used "Round Steak" as my mother did. I found myself with a package of stew bf and decided to use the fresh veggies I had. The stew beef cooked faster and was very tender.
The key to a recipe like this, is to never let the water boil off..you have a dinner in half the time as if you had used a tougher cut of meat. (Next I will try Beef and Broccoli using stew bf!)
- 2 lbs stew beef
- 2 medium green peppers, sliced
- 1 medium red pepper, sliced
- 1 large vidalia onion, thin sliced
- 1 pound button mushrooms, sliced
- 2-30oz can(s)
- tomato sauce
- salt, pepper (to taste) and a couple dashes garlic pepper
How to Make Quick Pepper Steak
- 1In a "Dutch Oven" add a few drizzles vegetable oil, add meat, salt, pepper, and garlic pepper. Stir meat to coat. Set burner on Medium high heat. As the oil and meat cook, begin to slice onion, grn and red peppers and mushrooms. Set aside.
- 2Add 1/4 of onion, and stir meat to get a light sear..add water to bring meat to a boil. Cover & let water cook off (about 15 minutes), if meat is still pink, add more water to cover meat and reduce to Medium heat. Let come to a boil.
- 3At 30 minutes..add green, red peppers, remaining onion and mushrooms. Pour in Tomato Sauce, cover and return to a rolling boil..approx 1 and 1/2 hrs..give it a good stir from the bottom to the top, add salt, pepper and garlic ppr to taste.
- 4Reduce heat for remaining time.
Once the meat is fork tender..serve over mashed potatoes, noodles or rice.