Andy B Cook
No red wine handy so I subbed red wine vinegar. Then I goofed and left it in the frig for three days. Oops. When I opened the bag the smell vividly reminded me of dinner at Grandma's. It was great!
I decided to slow cook instead of grilling.
Viola! Andy's Pseudo Saurbraten!
My thanks to Pamela Rappaport whose marinade recipe inspired this...
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbbeef flank steaks
1 tspgarlic powder
1 tsponion powder
1/2 csoy sauce, low sodium
1/4 cred wine vinegar
1 tsptoasted sesame oil
How to Make Pseudo Saurbraten
- Make marinade by combining onion powder, garlic powder, soy sauce, vinegar and sesame oil in a bowl. Mix well.
- Put steaks in ziplock bag and add marinade. Burp bag and seal. Massage bag to work liquid into all surfaces of steaks. Place bag in refrigerator. Let sit overnight...or even for 2 days. Turn bag over half way through.
- Place steaks and marinade in crock pot. Cook on low until steak is tender.
- Marinade makes a great sauce right from the pot or can be thickened into an awesom gravy with a medium dark rue.
- For a German fusion flavor, serve with spaetzle and wedges of steamed red cabbage topped with butter, sesame oil and a sprinkle of parmesan.