Prime+ Ribeye, Bone-In
1 1/2 ccocao nibs, slightly ground with mortar & pestle
3 tspred pepper flakes (more or less to your taste)
6 tspcumin seed, slightly ground with mortar & pestle
4 tspmustard, ground
2 Tbspchipotle chili powder
4 tsppaprika, smoked
2 tspallspice, ground
3 Tbspbrown sugar, light
3 Tbspkosher salt (or ground sea salt)
How to Make Prime+ Ribeye, Bone-In
- Apply a generous coat of EVOO over entire prime rib.
- Remove rib from refrigerator and allow the rib to come back to room temp. A cut this size will take a few hours. I allowed 4 hours.
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees. Place the prime rib, in your baking pan, in the oven for 25 minutes to seal the outside.
- During the smoking process, I keep a water pan in the chamber for moisture. As for the wood smoke, I used cherry. I didn't use but a few pieces throughout the smoking process so as to not overdo the smoke.
- Cooking times will vary based on smoker temp but I usually estimate 30 minutes per pound, give or take. However, when the prime rib reaches your preferred temp/doneness, remove it from the smoker.
- After your preferred internal temp has been reached, remove the rib from the smoker and double wrap it in aluminum foil for at least 30 minutes. During this time remember that the internal meat temp may rise another 5 to 7 degrees.