Prime Rib Casserole
- (16 ounce) box penne pasta
- slices bacon
- 1 c
- bread crumbs
- 1/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh parsely
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- garlic cloves,finely chopped
- carrots,finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 4 c
- heavy cream
- 1 tsp
- chopped fresh thyme
- 1 c
- shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp
- seasoned pepper
- 3 c
- cooked leftover prime rib chunks
How to Make Prime Rib Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to
a rolling boil over high heat.Once the water is boiling,stir in the penne,and return to a boil.Cook
the pasta uncovered,stirring occasionally,until the
pasta has cooked through,but is still firm to the bite,about 11 minutes.Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- 3Place the bacon in a large,deep skillet,and cook
medium-high heat,turning occasionally,until evenly browned,about 10 minutes.Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate,and reserve the remaining bacon dripping in a small bowl.Crumble the bacon into a bowl,then mix in the bread crumbs,butter,and chopped parsley,Set aside.
- 4Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.Stir in the garlic and carrots;about 5 minutes.Stir in the bacon drippings and flour.Cook and stir for 1 minute,then whisk in the heavy cream and thyme.Continue to cook and stir until reduced by 1/3.Add monterey jack and cheddar cheese,stirring until cheeses have melted.Season with seasoned pepper.Stir in prime rib chunks and penne pasta.Transfer the prime rib-pasta mixture to a 9x13-inch baking dish.Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture.
- 5Bake in the preheated oven until bread crumbs have browned and the sauce is bubbly,about 25 minutes.