Potato Nugget "Pie"
I first had this dish MANY years ago at a Mother-Daughter school potluck. It was easy enough to duplicate, but I tweaked it a bit to make it my own. Definitely a hit whether it's on your dinner table, or at a church social.
An excellent hot dish for potlucks, this recipe can easily be doubled or tripled!
- 1 lb
- extra-lean ground beef
- 10 3/4 oz
- can of cream of mushroom soup
- 15 oz
- canned cut green beans, drained
- 4 oz
- can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 lb
- ore-ida tater tots (or other frozen potato nuggets)
- 1/4 tsp
- ground black pepper (or more to taste)
How to Make Potato Nugget "Pie"
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2In a 10" skillet, brown and crumble the ground beef until all pink is gone. Do not drain.
- 3Stir in the mushroom soup and black pepper, blending well. Heat until the mixture just begins to bubble.
- 4Fold in the drained green beans and mushrooms, then transfer all to a 9" x 9" glass baking dish.
- 5Arrange the frozen Tater Tots in tight rows until the entire surface is covered. Pop into the oven and bake, uncovered, for 40 to 45 minutes. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.