Pot Roast with Sour Cream1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 1/2 lbbeef chuck pot roast
1 tspdill weed
5 smallpotatoes, pared
1 lbzucchini, quartered
1 csour cream
How to Make Pot Roast with Sour Cream
- Mix flour, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper; coat meat with flour mixture.
- Melt shortening in large skillet or dutch oven; brown meat.
- Add water and vinegar.
- Sprinkle dill weed over meat.
- Cover tightly and simmer about 3 hours or until meat is tender.
- One hour before end of cooking time, add potatoes and carrots; season with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Twenty minutes before end of cooking time, add zucchini; season with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Serve with sour cream gravy.
- Sour Cream Gravy: Place meat and vegetables on warm platter.
- Pour drippings from pan into bowl, leaving brown particles in pan.
- Return 1 teaspoon drippings to pan.
- Blend in 1 tablespoon flour.
- Cook over low heat, stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Measure drippings and add water to measure 1 cup liquid.
- Stir in flour mixture.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir one minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in one cup dairy sour cream and 1 teaspoon dillweed; heat through.