Pot Roast with Sour Cream Gravy1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2-3 lbpot roast
3 mediumcarrots, cut into 2" pieces
8 ozsour cream
2 Tbspcooking oil
3 mediumpotatoes, peeled and quartered
3 mediumonions, quartered
How to Make Pot Roast with Sour Cream Gravy
- Brown roast on all sides in hot oil in large roaster or dutch oven.
- Add water and cover and simmer about 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Add vegetables and cover and simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove roast and vegetables to serving dish.
- Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings, sift flour into drippings.
- Make reux, stirring constantly.
- Add water to drained off drippings to make 1 cup.
- Stir into flour and cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and slightly thickened.
- Add sour cream and cook, stirring constantly, on low heat until heated.
- Serve gravy with roast.