Pot Roast with Roasted Vegetable Sauce1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 4 lb
- boneless beef round tip roast
- 3/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 medium
- onion, coarsely chopped
- celery ribs, bias cut 1 inch
- 3 medium
- carrots, cut in 1" chunks
- 1 tsp
- dried thyme
- parsley sprigs
- bay leaves
- 3 large
- garlic cloves, crushed
- 28 oz
- italian style tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 14.5 oz
- beef broth
- 1 c
- dry red wine
How to Make Pot Roast with Roasted Vegetable Sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2In dutch oven, heat oil over med-high heat until hot.
- 3Add beef roast; brown.
- 4Remove roast; season with salt and pepper.
- 5Add onions, celery and carrots to pan; cook and stir until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- 6Add remaining ingredients; stir to blend.
- 7Return roast to pot; bring to a boil.
- 8Cover tightly; transfer pot to oven.
- 9Cook for 3 hours, or until beef is tender, turning roast halfway through cooking time.
- 10Remove roast from pan; keep warm.
- 11Strain cooking liquid; reserve.
- 12Remove and discard bay leaves.
- 13Puree vegetables in a blender or food processor.
- 14Add 2 cups cooking liquid through top or feed tube with motor running.
- 15Carve roast into slices and serve with pureed vegetable sauce.