Pot Roast with Roasted Vegetable Sauce1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 Tbspolive oil
4 lbboneless beef round tip roast
1 mediumonion, coarsely chopped
4celery ribs, bias cut 1 inch
3 mediumcarrots, cut in 1" chunks
1 tspdried thyme
3 largegarlic cloves, crushed
28 ozitalian style tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
14.5 ozbeef broth
1 cdry red wine
How to Make Pot Roast with Roasted Vegetable Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In dutch oven, heat oil over med-high heat until hot.
- Add beef roast; brown.
- Remove roast; season with salt and pepper.
- Add onions, celery and carrots to pan; cook and stir until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients; stir to blend.
- Return roast to pot; bring to a boil.
- Cover tightly; transfer pot to oven.
- Cook for 3 hours, or until beef is tender, turning roast halfway through cooking time.
- Remove roast from pan; keep warm.
- Strain cooking liquid; reserve.
- Remove and discard bay leaves.
- Puree vegetables in a blender or food processor.
- Add 2 cups cooking liquid through top or feed tube with motor running.
- Carve roast into slices and serve with pureed vegetable sauce.