Pot roast with a Chinese Flair
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 1/2 lb
- pot roast
- 1 Tbsp
- 6 clove
- garlic, diced finely
- celery heart, sliced, leaves and all
- 1 can(s)
- mushrooms, canned sliced or 1/2 lb fresh sliced
- 1 small
- onion quartered and broken apart
- 1/2 c
- soy sauce
- 1/2 c
How to Make Pot roast with a Chinese Flair
- 1In a dutch oven brown the pot roast on both sides in oil
- 2Add garlic, mushrooms and celery on top
- 3Mix soy and water together and pout over all
- 4Cover and bake at 300 degrees for 2-3 hours until pot roast is tender. You will want to check after first hour to see if more water is needed. Don't let it get too dry.
- 5Serve with rice and a nice glass of Chinese beer for an easy treat. Add more soy sauce at table if needed.
- 6You can also make this in a slow cooker. After browning the meat put it in the cooker. Add veggies to top and sides. Cook on low for 8 hours or medium for 4-6. You might want to check after 4 hours and stir the veggies into juice that the meat produces to also it to soak in the flavor.