Pot roast with a Chinese Flair
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 lbpot roast
6 clovegarlic, diced finely
1celery heart, sliced, leaves and all
1 can(s)mushrooms, canned sliced or 1/2 lb fresh sliced
1 smallonion quartered and broken apart
1/2 csoy sauce
How to Make Pot roast with a Chinese Flair
- In a dutch oven brown the pot roast on both sides in oil
- Add garlic, mushrooms and celery on top
- Mix soy and water together and pout over all
- Cover and bake at 300 degrees for 2-3 hours until pot roast is tender. You will want to check after first hour to see if more water is needed. Don't let it get too dry.
- Serve with rice and a nice glass of Chinese beer for an easy treat. Add more soy sauce at table if needed.
- You can also make this in a slow cooker. After browning the meat put it in the cooker. Add veggies to top and sides. Cook on low for 8 hours or medium for 4-6. You might want to check after 4 hours and stir the veggies into juice that the meat produces to also it to soak in the flavor.