- bag of
- carrots, chopped
- 2 large
- red onions rough chopped
- 4 or 5 large
- russets potatoes washed, not peeled and chopped
- 2 cans
- beef broth or boulion cubes or au jus concentrate
- 3 or 4 lbs
- beef chuck roast browned on both sides
- 1 can
- pepsi, coke, or generic pop
- i use garlic & onion powder, salt & pepper to taste and a couple of bay leaves
How to Make Pot Roast to die for!
- 1Brown the roast in a small amount of oil in a Dutch Oven pot. Add about 2 inches of water, the beef broth, and pepsi, and spices. Chop your veggies so they are about the same size. And add those to pot. Bring to boil, the turn down,and let simmer for about 2 1/2 hours (could be put in slow cooker) or until meat falls apart. This is a yummy cold weather dish. Easy, and works on it's own, dish..........